Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Summer Reading: Pt. 1


Let me start by saying, I LOVE SUMMER! Yesterday after running a few errands, I settled in at home and read for the whole day. It was fabulous! Not to mention that the book is great!

My first read is "The Birth of Venus" by Sarah Dunant. It is an historical fiction that takes place during the Renaissance in Florence, Italy. The story is captivating and the main fictional story is surrounded by Renaissance history, which I need for next year. Not to say that I will be teaching from this book, but it gives a little more historical perspective. The story is great though because it is probably very realistic in that time and place, but I feel guilty because it feels like I am reading a soap opera. Full of love triangles, murders and a more cultured than religious society... leading to many problems for everyone! Anyway, I highly recommend it and I am only half way through!

No comments: