Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Kudos for Me... I went to the Gym!

Now I know many of you exercise regularly as it is part of your weekly routine. I, on the other hand, find making a habit of it incredibly difficult. Despite this challenge, I did make it to the gym today. I will tell you though, that it took everything I had to muster the motivation to drive the block down the street to the gym where I am a member. I suppose for the next day or so, I have no excuse for not getting to the gym, as the place I am staying is so close to the club I belong to. Once I am back in the Ranchos, I think it will be a whole other story.

Back to today's exercising adventure. I bought new shoes a week or so ago, and I have only used them twice to go walk/jogging around my neighborhood at home. Unfortunately my shins reacted almost immediately, discouraging me quite quickly. So today, as I got on the treadmill I was a bit aprehensive as to what I might experience. To my pleasant suprise, my shins were fine... but I am a total wimp and could only go 30 minutes mixing up walking and jogging. It was okay, and I know if I keep going I will build strength and stamina... BUT IT IS SO BORING! (Even with the tv in front of me!) If only there were a way to be tricked into exercising! Roll a ball, and I'll chase it... I don't know... There has to be SOMETHING!

6 comments:

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

I love my iPod shuffle thing. It is the only way that I make it through cardio on the elyptical. I went yesterday, missed today, and have my bag packed to go tomorrow. (I will let you know if that happens of not.)

One thing that I am going to try this Thursday is a reps class where they do different reps of three different parts of the body to music. You use weights based on your ability. Sounds hard, but actually quite simple once you start. I dunno. Group exercise always helps me.

timidvenus said...

one word: yoga

i know, youll think you need a mat, and a cute outfit, and a jetta, but really, you can do it. its so fun. i didnt get to go tonight because i had to work late, but i miss it.

Adam said...

Just stop teaching and work a more physical job. That's where I get my physical exertion.

kendalljean said...

Thanks guys! I do actually enjoy the classes, particularly yoga, but the timing at my club is often off. I will be sure to pick up a schedule tomorrow though because I think you are both right. Adam, not so much. j/k

Adam said...

What? I heard there were some openings down at the docks lifting heavy things and such.

edluv said...

you've just got to find a way to exercise while you teach. it's all about clenching and releasing muscles.

glad the shoes have broken in a little. always sad if you buy a pair and they aren't the best for you.