Thursday, April 12, 2007

Waking Ned Devine



"How can dead Irishman Ned Devine collect his lottery winnings? Well, longtime cronies Jackie O'Shea and Michael O'Sullivan have the answer. After discovering that Ned croaked from the shock of hitting the jackpot, Jackie and Michael mastermind a scheme to impersonate the lucky stiff and collect his prize money. Now all they need to do is persuade the rest of Tulaign Mohr's denizens to go along."

Continuing my Irish themed movie night, I watched this geriatric comedy. Perhaps it is the multiple generation gaps, but despite the lovely accents, music, and funny old Irish men, I could not get into this movie. Not a horrible film, just couldn't keep my attention.

Note: If you do feel inclined to hang out with these Irish grandparents, I'd recommend you use the subtitles to catch it all.

Rating: * * *

4 comments:

Adam said...

I have this film in my collection and I put it at four-and-a-half stars. It's just classic British humor. Subtle and dry. Love, love, love it.

"I've been usin' some frooty soops!"

kendalljean said...

Perhaps I will gain an appreciation for it after my trip. Gain a bit of dry IRISH humor.

Adam said...

Ireland is part of Britain. =P

Adam said...

Sorry, only Northern Ireland apparently is part of the British Isles but I'd say that's purely political. I've always felt that England, Ireland and Scotland were all part of Britain.