Tuesday, April 24, 2007

La Dolce Vita



"Federico Fellini's lush and intoxicating masterpiece, La Dolce Vita, is a meditation on the meaning of life and love and stars Marcello Mastroianni as Marcello, a gossip writer who seeks the fleeting excesses and decadence of life and sex. He sleeps with the beautiful Maddalena (Anouk Aimee), alienating and driving his lover, Emma (Yvonne Furneaux), to suicide. When he meets an elusive actress, Sylvia (Anita Ekberg), he dives deep into the abyss."

This movie is possibly a very creative work of art. As I watched much of it I wanted to better understand the deeper underlying themes. Unfortunately I was not able to stick through 2 hours and 50 minutes of quick Italian subtitles. I tried to get through this film throughout this last week and I have finally decided to throw in the towel. I may try again sometime as this movie seemed to have some redeeming qualities, but the subtitles were too much for my eyes and attention span at the present moment.

Rating: Incomplete, but I would guess * * *

No comments: