Sunday, May 20, 2007

Mrs. Brown



"Grieving widow Queen Victoria (played imperiously by Judi Dench) withdraws into sadness for years, until plainspoken manservant John Brown (Billy Connolly) disrupts her mourning. Their friendship grows, resulting in personal and political ramifications for both. Funny, exquisitely shot and featuring sparkling performances, Mrs. Brown brilliantly portrays the woman behind an empire and the man who helped her live again."

I enjoyed this film though I struggled to watch it all in one piece. It was not a long movie but I kept trying to watch it as I was going to bed, and continuously fell asleep. Once I finally buckled down and watched it, I really liked it. Judi Dench and Billy Connolly were really great and the story is intriguing. It definitely inspired me to learn more about Queen Victoria, who was not even mentioned in our text book despite the fact that she has the longest reign of all English monarchs.

Rating: * * * *

3 comments:

Adam said...

Sooo...like three stars?

kendalljean said...

Ah crap, I forgot to rate it again.

Adam said...

Oooh, a four star.