Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Can Someone Explain This to Me?

Alright so I am a country music fan. And I am also a fan of Brad Paisley, but his newest song baffles me.



What is this? How does this disaster happen? Like country or not, this is shameful!

In case you couldn't understand what he was saying...

Every time you take a sip
In this smoky atmosphere
You press that bottle to your lips
And I wish I was your beer
In the small there of your back
Your jeans are playing peekaboo
I'd like to see the other half of your butterfly tattoo.

Hey that gives me an idea
Let's get out of this bar
Drive out into the country
And find a place to park.

'Cause I'd like to see you out in the moonlight
I'd like to kiss you way back in the sticks
I'd like to walk you through a field of wildflowers
And I'd like to check you for ticks.

I know the perfect little path
Out in these woods I used to hunt
Don't worry babe I've got your back
And I've also got your front
Now, I'd hate to waste a night like this
I'll keep you safe you wait and see
The only thing allowed to crawl all over you when we get there is me.

You know every guy in here tonight
Would like to take you home
But I've got way more class than them
Babe that ain't what I want.

'Cause I'd like to see you out in the moonlight
I'd like to kiss you way back in the sticks
I'd like to walk you through a field of wildflowers
And I'd like to check you for ticks.

You never know where one might be
There's lots of place that are hard to reach
I gotcha.

I'd like to see you out in the moonlight
I'd like to kiss you baby way back in the sticks
I'd like to walk you through a field of wildflowers
And I'd like to check you for ticks.

I'd sure like to check you for ticks...

10 comments:

Adam said...

Heh, country is trying to "go rap" 'n' shit. Hilarious.

I love how the one line says he'd like to check for ticks and then he brags about how he's got more class. Whaa?

Maybe he was trying to do a parody of country.

Lulu said...

What girl wouldnt want a guy to look for ticks on her? I know that is something I fantasize about.

The only explanation I can think of is that is that I know ticks are more common in places like Texas and so maybe it is supposed to be a cute throwback to adolescense when you tried to fool a girl into letting her examine her body for ticks-it sounds really pervy but I picture this 12 year old boy telling a girl "yeah lots of ticks in these here parts (cause he would talk like that)should prolly check yourself to make sure ya don't have any crawlin over ya". I don't know this may be a stretch but this was the only explanation I could come up with. It is still weird though.

Adam said...

Less weird, more creepy.

Lulu said...

Monkeys do it, and they eat the little buggers too. At least he isn't singing about looking for ticks and then eating them, I guess...?

Adam said...

Yeah, but monkeys do it as an act of social grooming. This guy just wants to get in her pants.

It's such a gross pretext too. "Hey, you got ticks, lemme git 'em off ya and then we can do it like my dog Rusty."

edluv said...

wait, you're surprised a bad new country song? i'd be more surprised by a good one.

and i also think it's hilarious that he says he has more class than taking her home. instead, he wants to take her out to some abandoned field, and get it on there. nothing says class like poison ivy, dirt in your crack, and yes, ticks.

Rebecca said...

oh wow...I needed to laugh that hard.

kendalljean said...

Interesting tid bit I just came across for those of you that know country music,

The two ticks were played by Kellie Pickler (former American Idol contestant), Taylor Swift (sings "Tim McGraw") and the Pest Control guy was Jack Ingram. They are all new country artists that are opening for Brad Paisley. Can you imagine? You think you get your big break opening for a big star, then boom... "After you perform your set you will come out in a tick costume. Agreed?"

Wonder how willing they were to participate.

Adam said...

They're pop country music artists. I don't generally place them in the group of people I consider the brightest.

Adam said...

What's up movie beat? Did Netflix crap out on you?