Thursday, April 20, 2006

My Cup Runneth Over... No, My Plate is Too Full... You Get the Picture

This year in general has been pretty hectic and stressful for me, but it's all really hitting the fan now! I am trying to take it one day at a time, keeping things in perspective... but all of my looming deadlines are growing too near too soon. (So rather than chipping away at my workload, I am going to blog about it instead). Lets see... Next week, STAR testing that my students are nearly prepared for, but we have had no time for review. And really, when I say prepared I mean, I have taught the standard, this does not however mean that they have learned it. Next week, I am in the school play "Grease." Why I agreed to do this, I have no idea... And now finding time to get to a rehearsal that is extremely poorly executed is seeming a huge waste of time. Two weeks, AP Econ test... Once again students are nearly prepared, but we have hit major senioritous and making class as productive as it needs to be is becoming more difficult than I am prepared to handle. Lets not forget BTSA! Have to finish all of my events in the next two weeks... When this is going to happen I have no idea. But somehow it will, and then I will be done. Oh wait, no. I still have to finish my portfolio for BTSA by June 2nd or else I can never get my cleared credential... And there is much to be done. To top it off, my cats have stomach problems and are throwing up throughout the day and I have to take them to the vet tomorrow. Oh yes, and I am still in the midst of a lawsuit against the insurance company of the girl that caused my car accident a year and a half ago, in order to cover the basic expenses it brought into my life.

With that, I am actually doing alright, and I know that this wouldn't be before me if I couldn't handle it. However I did need a little venting session, and also to forewarn you as to why I may be cross-eyed and delirious the next time I see you. Thanks for the ear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you need help with anything let me know. Just think once STAR testing is over and AP testing is over it's smooth sailing and you can get all you BTSA portfolio stuff done. right now it's seems pretty dark but just right around the corner there is light. seriously let me know if there is anything I can do. I'm planning on coming out here this weekend if you are too let's have a grading party again or lesson planning party or whatev. I'll bring SEx and the City and we can put that on and get you organized! Love ya babe!

kendalljean said...

thanks beck! I think I am going to stay away from school, but I might change my mind tomorrow. I will definitely let you know. love ya too!