Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Blogging Nerd

So as Becky would say, I am in Blogger Nerd Heaven. I started a blog for my Economics class for them to ask questions and discuss topics. They are doing so well with it! Now, I did have to erase a few lamo posts, but what can you expect from 17 year old boys (nothing inappropriate just goofy). The students have been talking about it today how they really like it, and now they are thinking about the content without having to do our stupid worksheets. I don't know what it is about the Internet, but it really does make any subject more interesting. They now want to talk about it because it's posted on the World Wide Web for all to see. SO, if you have any interest in seeing what my AP students are up to check out my link to Apache Economics.

3 comments:

Adam said...

I noticed you blocked your profile, good move, wouldn't want any of your kids finding your regular blog and then linking to mine and finding the picture of your freaky eye. =)

Kudos on the innovative move to the web to augment your curriculum though. Also a nice disussion forum where you can actually interact with your kids while they're at home doing homework. It ought to help class discussion by not having to deal with the piddle-y stuff that bogs everything down.

Anonymous said...

that's neato burrito! I wanted to do soemthing like that with the British Literature. it is something with the internet, I mean really look at what slaves we are to it...cause it's fun. This gives your students an opportunity to learn in an environment other than the classroom.

Good Job Miss Kelly, your an inspiration!

kendalljean said...

Thanks guys! I am pleased with the outcome for sure. Plus, I actually like discussing econ on here too.... SLAVES!