Monday, February 20, 2006

"Let (Me) Eat Cake"

Well, after some major opportunities presenting themselves, research and in depth consideration, I have decided to not follow through with applying to the Peace Corps. I have been offered the AP European History class, promised I will never have to teach AP Econ, and I will keep my beloved World History classes. This was a huge offer as European History is my passion. This has been weighing on my heart for a while now because I want to volunteer abroad but I am really finding my niche with teaching. This morning my mom discovered summer opportunities worldwide for volunteering! Eureka! (Yeah I said it.) I can have my cake and eat it too! So, I will still be looking to travel the world, experience new cultures and help out, but not for such an extended period of time.

Hooray for Fresno!

6 comments:

timidvenus said...

nice job on the links, but your edit-me links are still there...

kendalljean said...

Yeah, Stig taught me. I didn't know I was supposed to get rid of those.

edluv said...

just delete them.


i can give you another opportunity for short term, foreign service stuff, if you want.

kendalljean said...

Yeah, I am open to any suggestions. Though I am probably not going to do it until summer '07. Have some stateside trips planned for this summer. thanks!

edluv said...

hey, now you can move to the most beautiful part of fresno. maybe you can take over becky's apartment for the final month or two, then find a better, more scenic location.

kendalljean said...

Not for a while. I am going to stay home, get out of debt, and get some money saved... so commuting for me. However, I am a Tower Rat at heart, and as soon as I do leave home, I will be moving into an apartment or house near you!