Sunday, July 22, 2007

Winding Down

We have now been in Dublin for the last three days and are enjoying the slightly slower pace of travel. We also splurged on hotels the last two nights and have spent a good deal of time catching up on sleep and appreciating private, hot showers. We have three more nights in Dublin, but will be staying in a hostel for this last leg of the trip. While here we are planning to go to the Jameson Distillery, take a day trip to an area outside of Dublin (not sure where yet), see the Book of Kells at Trinity College, and see Riverdance before we part ways. The night life here is also great. We have planned on getting home at a reasonable hour the last three nights and still we find ourselves getting in no earlier than 2am. There are so many fun and interesting people here, you just can't seem to get to bed before then.

So the trip with Katie ends Wednesday when she flies home and I fly to London. I am then going to spend two days in the city hopefully catching a Shakespearean work at the Globe and visiting a museum or two. Then I hope to catch a red-eye on standby Friday night to get in a little earlier. (Mom and Dad call me so we can arrange this).

Our trip has been amazing. Seriously the coolest things I have ever done by far, but we are hitting that wall. I can't wait to not have to drag around my suitcase, to shower in my own shower, and to not drop a ton of money everywhere I go. So, a few more fun days in Dublin and London and then happily home again. :)

3 comments:

timidvenus said...

Riverdance huh, thats too bad. - as woody

edluv said...

dood, if somehow a bottle o' jameson from the plant sneaks into your suitcase i wouldn't be against taking it off your hands.

Fishy said...

yeah, what ed said.