Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I'm Not a Fraud!

Sorry for the long break in my posting, but I have had to prioritize and unfortunately blogging is a bit lower on the list. But I am back, at least for this evening.

Anyway, I have been working really hard to get everything ready for my students, who start back tomorrow. I find this year to be a bit different to the previous two because first, I am thrilled to be teaching AP Euro, and second, because I am feeling more settled with my abilities as a teacher. All of this is good, but I didn't really reflect on it too much until today when I received a call from a parent of an AP student with concerns. I was shocked and so pleased with my handling of the conversation. I was confident, calm and quite intelligent sounding...And I think he was impressed. It was awesome! I feel like I am actually a teacher... FINALLY!

It is so strange how self-perception is usually so far from what we truly are.

Also, if you are interested to see what my students are doing, check out our AP Euro blog... just please don't post.

15 comments:

edluv said...

you should really prepare for the first day of school by going out and getting schnockkered.

kendalljean said...

Not so much. I am exhausted. No Well Wednesday for me, but thanks. Have a Bloody Mary for me!

Rebecca said...

Kendall...good luck this school year! I think you will be great! It feels good to have those years of experience under your belt!

Adam said...

I agree with Ed, you should take a flask to work.

Monticore said...

Was it about the obscene passages in that book?

Monticore said...

Was it about the obscene passages in that book?3F

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it's a wonderful feeling. I'm so happy for you. How is good 'ol Sanger? Just think how you'll feel after you taught a year of ap euro!

oh the places you'll go!

kendalljean said...

Thanks everyone! Good luck to all you teachers and future teachers as well!

Heather, no it wasn't about that passage. Though I did discuss it briefly with the class today and hopefully handled it for the most part. I had two students tell me that their parents read it after them. It seemed that they responded as all of us did... it wasn't appropriate for sophomores, but it didn't appear that they were too upset. We'll see come Back to School Night. I plan to just agree, accept my mistake and hopefully move on.

edluv said...

flasks are alright, but drinking around students is so unprofessional.

now, everywhere else is acceptable.

Adam said...

Just got sneak your sips inbetween classes.

kendalljean said...

back in the day I hear that what suprisingly common.

Anonymous said...

i heard of two sanger teachers doing that a couple years ago they were also chewing tobacco.

edluv said...

fraud

edluv said...

come on kendall. heather is posting much more frequently than you. you might get rotated off the list.

Adam said...

Yeah, teaching isn't very hard work. C'mon.