Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Next Step

Alright all you blog freaks... here is a new entry! Tradition broken.

So...
I have been pondering my next step in this crazy journey of life. I will have my clear credential this June, but am biting at the bit to try something new. The good thing is, teaching will always be there. In the past few months I have been left feeling like I am not taking full advantage of the life in front of me, and am tired of just being complacent while I have the freedom to do anything. So, with a little suggestion from a friend and a lot of thinking and praying, I have decided to apply to the Peace Corp. I have been doing some research to get a better idea of what exactly I am getting myself into, but if any of you have any insight or feedback it would be much appreciated.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
edluv said...

you could teach english overseas. i had a roommate go to egypt for a few years. he seemed to enjoy it enough, and the $ was good.

or, http://nieucommunities.org/dev/index.html

my brother works with this group in south africa. it's a big difference from where you are, but it's an idea.

edluv said...

okay, apparently that < a > tag doesn't automatically make a link like i thought it did. it just underlined it and turned it blue like it was a link. i think i've got to do this whole long string of words to properly make a link.

here's another suggestion: professional haiku.

kendall is searching
direction stumbled on is
good enough for most

kendalljean said...

Thanks Ed.
I will check that out. I am probably going to apply all over the place to have as many options as possible. And if none work out, there will always be haiku.

timidvenus said...

frikkin awesome! our good friends, russell and megan did a 2.5 year peace corps stint in guatamala and loved it. if you have questions to ask them, i gould get you their contact info (they ar enow in berkeley), but it sounds like you already have them answered.